The Rugby League World Cup (RLWC2017) Organising Committee has announced that fans will be able to attend World Cup games played in Papua New Guinea later this year for just 30 PGK.
“When setting the prices for the three Rugby League World Cup 2017 games to be contested in Papua New Guinea, our priority was to make tickets affordable and accessible to as many fans as possible, particularly families,” Hill explained.
IT WAS A CONSCIOUS DECISION ON THE PART OF THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE TO ENSURE THERE WAS A TICKET PRICE TO SUIT EVERYONE AND PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR FANS AND FAMILIES TO ATTEND THIS YEAR’S RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP.
“This year’s tournament is the most anticipated sporting event Papua New Guinea has ever hosted and we know there is huge demand for tickets from fans wanting to be part of history. With a capped crowd capacity of 15,000 for each game, we expect tickets to sell quickly when they go on general sale,” concluded Hill.
As hosting partner of the RLWC2017, PNG will stage the PNG Kumuls three pool games:
W 0 – D 0 – L 3
Papua New Guinea v Wales in Port Moresby on Saturday 28 October 2017 at 3.00PM
W 0 – D 0 – L 0
Papua New Guinea v Ireland in Port Moresby on Sunday 5 November 2017 at 4.00PM
W 0 – D 0 – L 0
Papua New Guinea v USA in Port Moresby on Sunday 12 November at 3.00PM
Times local to Port Moresby
Individual ticket prices for each game:
- 30 PGK for seats in the North and South Grandstands
- 50 PGK for seats in the Eastern Grandstand
- 80 PGK for seats in the Wings of the Western Grandstand; and
- 120 PGK for seats in the covered Western Grandstand
Tickets will go on general sale at 10.00am (local) on Thursday 24th August 2017 via the tournament’s official website: RLWC2017.com/Tickets or from one of eight Tiket Mastas Outlets in Port Moresby;
- Brian Bell – Plaza, Turumu Street, Boroko, NCD (Mon-Sun, 8.00am – 5.00pm)
- Brian Bell – Home Centre Gordons, Kennedy Road, Gordons (Mon-Sun, 8.00am – 5.00pm)
- Brian Bell – Vision City, Waigani Drive, NCD (Mon-Sun, 9.00am – 9.00pm)
- Stop n Shop – Rainbow, Goro – Kaega Road, Rainbow (Mon-Sun, 7.30am – 7.30pm)
- Stop n Shop – Waigani, North Waigani, Pipit Street (Mon-Sun, 8.00am – 8.00pm)
- Big Rooster – Erima, Along Hubert Murray Highway, Erima (Mon-Sun, 8.00am – 8.00pm)
- Big Rooster – Koki (Mon-Sun, 10.00am – 8.00pm)
- Cool Stuff – Waterfront Harbour City (Mon-Sun, 9.00am – 8.00pm)
The RLWC2017 will be contested from 27 October to 2 December and features 14 nations playing 28 matches in 13 cities across Australia, New Zealand and in PNG.
For tournament information and ticket details visit RLWC2017.com
Rugby League World Cup 2017 | Media Release